Medfusion 4000 Syringe Pump Brochure
Medfusion 4000 Syringe Pump Operators Manual PDF File
The Medfusion® 4000 wireless syringe pump with PharmGuard® Infusion Management Software can support your facility's patient care quality initiatives with customized actionable reporting.
- PharmGuard® Server Software promotes continuous quality improvement (CQI) of infusion therapy by capturing and managing data for device specific Medfusion® pump reports.
- CQI reporting designed for your entire infusion management team: pharmacy, nursing, biomedical engineering, medication safety officers, quality managers, and medical administrators, to help enhance clinical practice and improve patient outcomes.
- Provides clinical staff the reporting tools to analyze trends, compare against compliance goals, and measure infusion safety to make evidence-based practice decisions.
- Compliance by profile, time of day, trends
- Safety Events by drug program, event trigger
- Drug Program Utilization infusion frequency by drug program
- Device Events infusion detail, event history
- Alarm Events most frequent, invalid parameter combinations
- Clinical Engineering battery status, preventative maintenance, device detail
- Wireless connectivity to the PharmGuard® Server enables reprogramming, including drug library and firmware updates, without physically handling the pumps. The simple and cost effective workflow keeps all pumps at the latest revisions.
The Medfusion® 4000 syringe infusion pump helps protect your patients from adverse drug events by combining smart pump technology with the safety of a medication library.
- As a Dose Error Reduction System (DERS), PharmGuard® Medication Safety Software helps reduce pump programming errors and associated adverse drug events (ADEs). A 2006 study found that, on average, each ADE incident resulted in $8,750 of additional care costs, totaling $3.5 billion a year for drug related injuries occurring in hospitals in the United States.2Smart pump technology helps to reduce risks by encouraging the use of drug libraries and identifying problem areas and trends.
- Encourages simultaneous programmable hard and soft limits for dose, weight, time and all modes of delivery.
- The syringe pump is always in "medication safety" status from the moment you power up the pump, helping to promote your facility's policies and procedures for medication administration.
- FlowSentry™ monitor provides unmatched pressure sensing technology for earlier clinical intervention.
The Medfusion® 4000 pump is an intuitive system that helps confirm your critical decisions by thinking with you about infusion accuracy and safety.
- The large screen, visible in all lighting conditions, features TALLman lettering that displays the full drug name to differentiate look-alike, sound-alike drug names and concentrations.
- Quick Library feature requires only 3 quick button pushes to start an infusion, with the safety and confidence of hard and soft limits for each drug in the profile.
- Ergonomic, easy-to-use, horizontal design helps protect the entire syringe barrel and allows single-handed loading of the syringe.
- Automatically detects various syringe types and sizes, from 1mL to 60mL. A compatible syringe list can be updated to current syringe models from major manufacturers.
- The communications module in each and every base